A birthday without cake is a bit like a wedding without crying or a cat without major attitude: it would be weird if it didn’t happen.
As we get ready to celebrate
Coca-Cola Life Birthday Cake
|plain flour||2 cups|
|cocoa powder||3 tbsp|
|Coca-Cola Life||1 cup|
|baking soda||1 tsp|
|vanilla extract||1 tsp|
|semi-sweet chocolate, broken into pieces||1/2 cup|
|Coca-Cola Life||3 tbsp|
- Preheat oven to 350⁰ F.
- Sift the flour and sugar into a large mixing bowl.
- In a saucepan, heat the butter, cocoa powder and
Coca-ColaLife until they boil. Pour this over the flour and sugar, then mix thoroughly.
- Add the buttermilk, eggs, baking soda and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Bake in a sheet pan (2x12x14 inches) for 30 to 35 minutes.
- To make icing, place the chocolate and
Coca-ColaLife in a saucepan.
- Cook over a gentle heat, stirring until the chocolate has dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the buttermilk.
- Place the cake on a plate and spoon over the chocolate mixture.
- Allow to set.