- Diet Coke® originally debuted in 1982.
- Diet Coke is not changing its recipe or its great taste.
- Diet Coke is launching into 2018 with a full brand restage in North America, including a sleek new look, modern design, new campaign and the debut of four bold, new flavours.
- Diet Coke has a new modern design in sleek 310mL cans. The refreshed Diet Coke look is anchored by the iconic silver colour and features a sharper logo, bold colours to represent each flavour and a sleek vertical band, called the “High Line,” that extends across all packaging.
- Diet Coke is adding four new flavours to its portfolio to offer consumers bolder, more dynamic taste experiences:
- Diet Coke Feisty Cherry
- Diet Coke Twisted Mango
- Diet Coke Zesty Blood Orange
- Diet Coke Ginger Lime
- Each of the new options offers a bold and unexpected-yet-refreshing flavour that complements the unique, crisp taste of Diet Coke.
- As part of the brand innovation process, Diet Coke spoke to more than 10,000 people to get their ideas and inputs. Based on these insights, the R&D team explored pairing Diet Coke with bold tropical, citrus and even botanical notes. From the 30 options tested, Diet Coke selected four flavours that received the most positive consumer responses. Further research confirmed these flavours are a great fit with what Canadians are looking for.
- Beginning in early February, the new Diet Coke will begin rolling out, along with the four new flavours. The new Diet Coke family of beverages will roll out in sleek 310 mL cans and be sold as on-the-go singles and in 8-pack options.
- All existing package sizes of Diet Coke, including Diet Coke® Caffeine Free and Diet Coke® with Lime, will continue to be available in Canada.
- In Canada in February, Diet Coke will launch a new integrated marketing campaign that will celebrate the delicious, uplifting taste of Diet Coke and express an unapologetic, emboldened point-of-view for the brand. The campaign will include television, digital, outdoor, social media, sampling and retail advertising.
- The new Diet Coke flavours join a roster of over 70 other no- and low-calorie beverages offered in Canada.
- Together, Diet Coke and
Coca-ColaZero Sugar make up the largest no-calorie soft drink portfolio in Canada.
- Together, Diet Coke and
* Coke Zero Sugar was up >5% YOY after the rebrand (and the addition of cherry), and Coke Zero was the fastest growing SSD in Canada in 2017
- Diet Coke, also known as
Coca-Colalight in most international markets, is one of the 21 billion-dollar brands (USD annual retail sales) for The Coca-ColaCompany. It is one of the largest brands, available in more than 110 countries around the world.